Habitat ReStore sells new, used, and overstocked home improvement materials donated by stores, manufacturers, contractors, and individuals. These items are sold to the public at greatly reduced prices.
Open to the Public
The public is always welcome to shop at Habitat ReStore. We are located at 7612 S. Westnedge Ave. Portage, MI and can be contacted at (269) 381-5523. Our store and donation drop off hours are:
- Tuesday through Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday: Closed
How to Donate
You can drop off donations when the Habitat ReStore is open. Please do not leave donations when the store is closed.
To schedule a pick-up of large items, call (269) 381-5523 on Tuesday – Saturday between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm. All items must be accessible on the ground floor and ready for pick-up when our truck arrives.
We pick-up in Kalamazoo County:
- Tuesday: northwest quadrant including Oshtemo, Texas Township, and eastern Mattawan
- Thursday: northeast quadrant including Richland, Lake Doster, Galesburg, and Kalamazoo
- Friday: southern quadrant including Portage, Climax, Schoolcraft, and Vicksburg
If you would like to make voluntary, tax-deductible contribution to help offset the cost of operating our truck, our drivers will provide a receipt.
Did you know …
Habitat ReStore has saved pounds of recycled goods from Kalamazoo area landfills since opening in October 2005.
How Habitat ReStore benefits the community:
- Donations may be tax deductible.
Visit Habitat ReStore Directory/Map - Michigan Habitat ReStore Directory – Michigan for information about other Habitat ReStores.
Habitat ReStore accepts donations that are clean, stain-free, and in good, working condition.
We accept donations of most items found in home improvement stores:
- Appliances (no dishwashers) – in good working condition
- Area rugs – new only
- Bathroom and kitchen fixtures
- Carpeting – new only
- Countertops – solid surface only. No laminate.
- Doors – interior, exterior, patio with frame only
- Drywall – 4 ft. sheet minimum
- Framed artwork
- Furniture – no rips or tears or stains
- Hand tools
- Power tools
- Kitchen sinks
- Lighting fixtures - no brass or fluorescent
- Lumber / plywood – minimum 3 ft. lengths, nail-free
- Paint and stain -- Latex only, full cans only
- Roofing materials
- Vinyl siding and accessories
- Windows – double pane, or vinyl clad exterior only
- Wood trim and flooring
We do not accept these items:
- Anything stained or broken
- Area rugs – used
- Armoires/entertainment centers
- Automotive parts/tires
- Bi-fold doors
- Cabinet doors or drawers
- Carpeting and carpet padding
- Cast iron sinks and tubs
- Ceiling fans
- Dishes and kitchenware
- Exercise equipment
- Fluorescent light fixtures
- Holiday decorations
- Laminate countertops
- Mattresses and box springs
- Medical equipment
- Office furniture
- Propane heaters
- Single pane windows
- Shower doors
- Sleeper sofas
- Sliding glass doors
- Small household items
- Space heaters
- Stereo equipment
- Toilets over 2 gallon tank
- USED paint or stain
- Used tile
- VHS tapes
- Wall ovens
- Water heaters
- Whole house A/C units
- Windows - metal
- Windows - single pane
- Windows - wooden
- Window coverings/treatments
These lists are subject to change based on inventory and demand.