Habitat ReStore sells new, used, and overstocked home improvement materials donated by stores, manufacturers, contractors, and individuals. These items are sold to the public at greatly reduced prices.
Open to the Public
The public is always welcome to shop at Habitat ReStore. We are located at 1810 Lake Street and can be contacted at (269) 381-5523. Our store hours are:
- Tuesday through Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Sunday and Monday: closed
How to Donate
You can drop off donations when the Habitat ReStore is open. Please do not leave donations when the store is closed.
To schedule a pick-up of large items, call (269) 381-5523 on Tuesday – Friday between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm. All items must be accessible on the ground floor and ready for pick-up when our truck arrives.
We pick-up in Kalamazoo County:
- Tuesday: northwest quadrant including Oshtemo, Texas Township, and eastern Mattawan
- Thursday: northeast quadrant including Richland, Galesburg, and Kalamazoo
- Friday: southern quadrant including Portage, Climax, Schoolcraft, and Vicksburg
If you would like to make a small, voluntary, tax-deductible contribution to help offset the cost of operating our truck, our drivers will provide a receipt.
Did you know …
Habitat ReStore has saved pounds of recycled goods from Kalamazoo area landfills since opening in October 2005.
How Habitat ReStore benefits the community:
- Donations may be tax deductible.
Visit Habitat ReStore Directory – Michigan for information about other Habitat ReStores.
do not accept these items:
- Appliances that dispense water
- Anything stained or broken
- Area rugs – used
- Brass lighting fixtures
- Cabinet doors
- Carpeting – used
- Cast iron sinks and tubs
- Ceiling fans
- Christmas decorations
- TVs – more than 5 years old
- Drop-in sinks
- Entertainment centers
- Laminate countertops
- Mattresses or box springs
- Paint or stain
- Single pane windows
- Small household items
- Toilets – more than 2 gallon volume
- Used tile
- Water heaters
- Window treatments